General Policy -Severe Weather
Updated Monday June 4, 2018 by Steve Severn.
The lightning policy for our AGSA Majors Divisions (Ponytail/Diamond) is determined by the Adult Professional Umpires Association, (Champion Officials Association) which is also followed by our Minors Divisions (Pixie /Pigtail) Leagues.
- The first indication of lightning either seen or heard is cause for immediate stoppage of play.
- Players are required to go to a covered dugout if available or to a parents vehicle.
- Play may not resume until after 30 minutes has transpired following the last indication of lightning.
- Professional umpires may call "end-of-game" of a Majors game for any weather relation cause at their discretion and best judgement.
- The League Commissioner or Coaches may call off Minors game.